Today is my birthday. I am 35 today.
I’m glad I am here and I hope to be writing this blog until I’m about 105. Only, then I want the name to be something like “Rosie is a centenarian.”
I was awakened this morning with breakfast in bed! That was fun and I think the first time I’ve ever had breakfast brought to me in bed. Very decadent. Colleen & Troy had planned little surprises for me and Colleen did an excellent job of keeping the secrets! They gave me four pairs of earrings, a sassy straw cowgirl hat with brown feathers and the biggest, chunkiest blue necklace I’ve ever seen in my life. Troy also made lunch for me and we went out to eat for dinner at Bonefish Grill. I even got darn near eight hours of work in today, which makes me feel almost normal.
I am wiped out. This daylight savings thing is killing me. We’ve been consistently over an hour late getting Colleen to bed since it started! That means Mommy and Daddy get to bed later, too.
So, let me give you a quick summary of major things (besides my birthday), so I can go to bed:
- I started fertility treatments yesterday. More on that later.
- My father-in-law, who had been transported to a nursing care facility, is heading back to the hospital tomorrow because one of the stints in his liver is leaking internally.
- My dad will have a double heart bypass on Monday. More on that later.
- Colleen turns 5 on Friday and party plans are finally in the works.
- We started cleaning up the trees from the weekend storms and the ones we intentionally had dropped, but we can use help. It would be awesome if anyone with chainsaw experience or stick-picking-up experience could come help.
- The landscaping job on the front wall is looking great! Pictures soon.
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards, e-mails and phone calls. I really appreciated it! It’s been a good day. As Colleen said, “I wish my birthday would happen more often.”