Hanging in there …
I just wanted to let everyone know I’m “hanging in there,” as the expression goes.
I think that means, “I’m doing ok, but not great. It could be worse, but it isn’t too awful.”
I am extremely, EXTREMELY interested in keeping my body active because it either keeps my mind off things I don’t need to be thinking or helps me clear my mind and think more appropriately. It has helped TONS to have a friend here the last few days just to hang out. We cleaned and did some organizing. Oh my – what a huge relief it has been! She’s gone now, but I would love to have other people over to help me with small chores. Actually, the “help” mainly would be just the companionship. The extra pair of hands won’t hurt, but these are all jobs I could certainly do on my own. I just would love the conversation.
I’m working during the day, of course, so a good time for me to do these chores is in the evening, after 5 p.m. I’m willing and able to work from about 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. This week works especially well because Troy has to work late and won’t usually get home until 8 p.m.
So, if you are in the neighborhood and want to hang out with me, here are some things I have in mind:
* rearranging my cabinets and blocking the holes where mice come in. This might get a little dirty as I think it will involve going into a crawl space under the kitchen and blocking holes with some sort of filler. I’m fine with doing that if I had someone to hold a flashlight for me and catch me when I come rolling out screaming because a spider went down my shirt.
* working a bit in my basement to reorganize it and prepare a space for a play area and a craft area for me (this is kind of dirty work because the basement is dirty).
* pruning trees – just need to get some of the low-hanging limbs out so it’s easier to mow and I’d like to open up the view to the lake a bit more. This is nothing that will require climbing trees!
* hanging pictures.
* perhaps before I hang pictures, I might want to paint my living room and dining room (different colors). I’m not sure yet if I can commit to painting right now! There are other issues at play, like putting up trim and moving heavy furniture and bookshelves loaded with crap.
* install a cat door to the basement.
* planting perennials and some “big picture” landscaping tasks.
So, if any of this interests you and you would like to help keep me sane, give me a call! I would like to work in the evenings, but if you are more of a weekend helper, I’ll be out of town this coming weekend, but the weekend after that is semi-free. (It’s the local rib fest, so I’m obligated to make some time to attend it.)
I’m still working on that gratitude list. I do have much for which to be grateful.