Big Direct Mail for Small Shops
Direct mail fundraising
- Five Maples’ Direct Mail Fundraising Blog – really great stuff applicable for everyone
- Proven Methods to Improve Fundraising by Direct Mail
- Mal Warwick
- Excel Easy – excellent, easy-to-follow formula examples
- 29 ways to save time with Excel formulas
- Microsoft’s Excel training videos (free)
Excel from the presentation
The links to the examples below are spreadsheets with the formulas used in them.
- Concatenate (Example)
=CONCATENATE(F2,” “,”$”,E2,” “,G2)
Will take part of a sentence from F2, add a space, add a dollar sign, add the amount in E2, add a space, then the rest of the sentence from G2.
- If (Example)
If E2 is less than $100, then it will insert “a gift” into the cell (for use such as “will you make a gift this year”). If E2 is greater than $100, it will insert $150 into the cell (“will you make a gift of $150 this year”).
- Ceiling (Example)
Ceiling is a way to round. This formula is saying to take the number in E2 and round it up to the next $25 point.